The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Statement
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “PDPA”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transaction, applies to the Cancer Research Malaysia (hereinafter referred to as “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the PDPA.
- This personal data notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Cancer Research Malaysia.
- The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card no. (NRIC No.), contact number, address, email address, designation, company name, license no., qualifications, information of any past breaches of or convictions under any law and all other details provided by you in the documents prescribed in paragraph 3 of this notice.
- We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- to enable it to discharge its duties and obligations related to our functions or activities under the legislation administered by Cancer Research Malaysia and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes;
- to enable it to discharge its contractual obligations;
- to enable the resolution of a concern or complaint;
- to create directories or databases whether for publication or not;
- to provide ongoing information about events and programs, training, our products and services to people that we believe interested in such event, programs, training, products and services;
- to consider applications for employment;
- to provide services;
- to research, develop, and improve our events, programs, products, and services;
- to respond to all your queries and emails; and for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
Your personal data is and will be collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties, and information in the public domain.
You may access and request for correction of your personal data. You may also contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data as follows:
Mailing address: email@example.com
Telephone No.: +603 5639 1970
Issued by: Cancer Research Malaysia
Dated: 18th Aug 2018